I managed to get alot of knitting done during our roadtrip.
For the amount of time that I have spent on my sockapalooza socks, I should be completed them by now. However, after knitting about 7 inches of the foot, I decided that I should make the socks a wee bit wider, so I frogged back to the toe and added 4 stitches.
I of course had the brilliant idea of ripping the toe back just before we got on a ferry; nothing like sitting out in the wind trying to slip stitches back on the needle.
However, I was able to switch from addi bamboo needles (which have a slightly annoying join)over to addi lace needles, and I was extremely happy with the lace needles. Too bad they don't come in a 2mm size. The heels are done, although again I think I knit each heel at least 3 times; first I overestimated the depth of the heel for the number of stitches, then I made a mistake on the yarnover, then it turned out that the 2 socks weren't quite the same length (I do the short row heels one at a time - I switched one sock over to the addi bamboo needle, and added to the length of the socks separately rather than putting them back on the same circ).
Next up is the cuff, which will include beads. Last night I threaded the beads onto the yarn and rewound it (watching CSI lessened the tedium of the task). I' m curious to see how they will look; they are very similar to the yarn colours, as you can see in this photo.
Other projects that I cast on during the trip include Purple Pi: a second Kitty Pi cat bed - this one should be larger capacity than the first one.
I'm also working on some baby booties - The Gambler's brother's wife is due any day now. I am considering knitting I cord rather than using ribbon for the tie, although knitting I cord on 3 mm needles might drive me insane.