Prodigal yarn, and another SP 11 quiz
|Suitcase #4 made it home safe and sound yesterday afternoon! Here's a few things that were inside:|
6 skeins of Lorna's Laces Grace in the charcoal colourway (5$ each! Such a bargain!)
An unknown yardage of a rayon/silk blend yarn that I bought at the Santa Monica Fibre Fest.
I'm thinking of using it to knit Tuscany.
Here's another SP11 quiz for me to answer:
1. What is the one knitting accessory you could not live without?
2. If you're heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you?
If so, how much and what type of project?
Usually more than I could hope to complete if all I did during the vacation was knit! I would HATE to run out of stuff to knit!!
This year I have generally brought socks to knit with, because of my plan to knit a pair of socks per month. I've also taken baby stuff, or scarves. My next trip is September, and I will bring along my next Clapotis, because the Clapotis KAL starts during the trip.
3. Where have you travelled to that you'd consider your favorite spot?
New York City - I love the fact that there is so much to see and do, and it's so easy to get around on the subway!
4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it?
It's a tie between Yarnplay and No Sheep For You - I just got NSFY from a Secret Pal!!
5. Do you listen to podcasts? Which is your favorite(s)?
I was listening to CBC Radio One podcasts, but then my Dell DJ died. I've only listened to a single knitting podcast - Debbie Bliss was interviewed (Cast on?) I intend to get myself a new mp3 player before October. I'd rather not get an iPod - because I am an iconoclast. Or maybe I should say I am an ipodoclast.
6. If you could only knit with 1 color for the rest of your life, what color would that be?
Green - as long as the definition of green could be stretched to include teal and turquoise.
7. If you were far into a project and then noticed a mistake near the beginning what would you do?
Try to figure out if it was a fatal error, or one that was glaringly obvious. If it wasn't either of those, I would leave it. If it was something that I couldn't ignore, I'd see if there was ANYTHING that I could do to fix/repair the mistake. If it was absolutely necessary, I would frog it, and then be bitter about it.
8. Where is the most unsual spot you've ever knit?
In the Poker Room at the MGM Grand Casino in Las Vegas.
This yarn wasn't in the suitcase - it's Noelle's Noodles that I bought during the Sea Socks cruise. I came across the Candleflame Shawl on Jinxsa's blog, and now I want to knit it. I was considering using this yarn for it, but I don't know if the 430 yards will be enough. Plus I think there's too much contrast in the colours. But I'm really not sure. Some days I couldn't decide my way out of a wet paper bag.