ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Friday, July 02, 2010

Did I just go a whole month without a blog post?

Oh dear.

I was very close to having a June blog posting this Tuesday, but Flickr foiled me again! I wanted to upload a batch of photos from my computer to Flickr, but I could only do one photo at a time, and 2 or 3 photos repeatedly failed.

So finally, about a month after I recieved it, here is a great package I received from my SP15 redux Secret Pal:

Secret Pal gift

Literary Cat card, 2 skeins of some beautiful DK weight purple yarn, and some dark chocolate (which is long gone!) Thanks Secret Pal!

Luckily, I did manage to knit during some of my non-blogging time over the last month.

Some projects were secret:

002

Some were gifts:

ambar cardigan
(You'd think that I would have had the foresight to take pictures of knitted gifts with my camera before they get wrapped. Apparently not)

But this one is for me:
Dusk Jewel Hourglass ribbing

This is Jewel from the book "Custom Knits" by Wendy Barnard. The yarn is "Dusk" by Filatura di Crosa. Several of my non-knitting hours last month were spent at my LYS Passionknit, perusing the bags of yarn that they had on sale for 50% off. More hours (and yarn) than I care to admit to. The Dusk was one of the yarns they were clearing out that followed me home.

The pattern is written for 20 st/10cm, but my gauge was 21.5 st/10cm, so I started knitting the Large instead of the medium. This worked out OK until I got below the bust - then it started looking too loose in the back.
Jewel back

Because of the contortions involved, this shot doesn't really demonstrate that fact very well. However, at this point I only had 1 decrease left, and was not yet at the narrowest part of my waist. So I ripped back to a few rows before the bottom of the bust (over 2 skeins of knitting - sign!), started the decreases earlier, and added some extra decreases in.
More on that later...

Labels:

Comments on "Did I just go a whole month without a blog post?"

 

Blogger Merry Karma said ... (Sun Jul 04, 10:58:00 PM EDT) : 

Don't feel too badly...I've lost my knitting and blogging mojo these days.

Love your projects. Keep it up, Girl!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Jul 05, 06:46:00 PM EDT) : 

Ooo! Can't wait to see your sweater. I love that book--except for the lack of pants everyone seems to have.

 

Blogger Debbie D said ... (Tue Jul 06, 06:23:00 AM EDT) : 

that sweater is going to look wonderful on you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Jul 06, 12:05:00 PM EDT) : 

Glad you like the stuff. Your next package should be there in teh next four days according to Canada post.

The white fluff that you may see is my cat. (she is big white and verry fluffy)

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Sun Jul 11, 09:35:00 AM EDT) : 

You have nice taste in the way you combine yarn and patterns.

 

post a comment