ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Busted!

We got a notice in the mail today from Toronto Animal Services. At first I thought they were referring to the occupant of our carport,


but then realized that they meant our contraband cats.

Greedo had no idea how they knew about him.

Somerset thought that maybe she could just blend into her surroundings. Given the amount of cat hair on our furniture, it's surprising that she wasn't successful.

Labels:

Comments on "Busted!"

 

Anonymous A said ... (Tue Aug 24, 01:56:00 PM EDT) : 

Oops. I... never really thought about cat registry here. I suppose I should actually, like, do that.

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Tue Aug 24, 06:17:00 PM EDT) : 

I got a similar notice lately. If either of them have been to a vet lately, that's likely where the intel came from.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Tue Aug 24, 08:16:00 PM EDT) : 

Curses to Turtlegirl for ruining my speculation that there are kitty cops out there just peeking in windows looking for contraband cats!

 

Blogger deirdre said ... (Wed Aug 25, 07:38:00 AM EDT) : 

The summons might also have been in reference to the hat...

 

Blogger Manon C. said ... (Wed Aug 25, 02:03:00 PM EDT) : 

I finally caved in and registered our 2 dogs and 2 cats last year. I don't think they do it through the vet -- it seems people from the city come knock at your door and ask if you have pets. Maybe they came when you were out and they saw cats at the window. Either way, you're better off doing it asap because they will actually fine you for a lot more than the cost of the permit if you ignore them. At least you got away with it until now; I just received a renewal notice for all four pets in the mail. Yes, they will hassle you every year to get money (again) for the privilege of owning pets. Such is the great city of Toronto...

 

Blogger LadyLungDoc said ... (Wed Aug 25, 09:28:00 PM EDT) : 

I think that Bezzie is right - we are picking up the mail for our neighbor, and they had the same "register your pets" pamphlet (sans the Pet Licence Request). So someone was walking the streets and peeking in the windows!

 

Blogger Merry Karma said ... (Thu Aug 26, 09:22:00 PM EDT) : 

Goodness! We don't have pets anymore, but it's kind of freaky to think there are people out there looking in windows to find contraband pets.

Oh, wait...do the three geckos that greeted me in my hallway when I returned from work today count as pets???

 

Blogger jacquieblackman said ... (Fri Aug 27, 09:49:00 PM EDT) : 

That's hilarious! Although I did register Elena because I thought I had to ... even though she was an illegal immigrant. Those fines are steep!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wed Oct 13, 01:44:00 AM EDT) : 

I am very impress on your information , Its a really very impressive blog. I really got some another very nice information , so thanks for sharing these tips,awesome tees.

 

post a comment